Passive Voice merupakan salah satu dari beberapa pola yang ada di dalam bahasa inggris yang memiliki arti ( – di) dalam penggunaannya. Bentuk ini mempunyai rumus sebagai berikut:
[ Be + V3 (past participle) ]
Mr. Rob wrote “The History of America”
“The History of America” was written by Mr. Rob
Lihat Contoh Di Bawah Ini
Aktif: Someone repairs the bicycle
Pasif: The bicycle is repaired by someone
Aktif: Someone is repairing the bicycle
Pasif: The bicycle is being repaired by someone
Aktif: Someone has repaired the bicycle
Pasif: The bicycle has been repaired by someone
Aktif: Did john eat the food?
Pasif: Was the food eaten by John?
Aktif: Someone was repairing my bicycle when I arrived home
Pasif: The bicycle was being repaired by someone when I arrived home
Aktif: Someone had repaired the bicycle
Pasif: The bicycle had been repaired by someone
Aktif: Someone will repair the bicycle
Pasif: The bicycle will be repaired by someone
Aktif: Someone can not repair the bicycle
Pasif: The bicycle can not be repaired by someone
EXERCISE FOR PASSIVE VOICE
1. They are building a new ring road round the city. The passive from the above sentence is ……
A new ring road ………..
(A) Is built (C) be building (E) is beilng built
(B) Builds (D) was building
2. The editor edits the article.
The passive from the above sentence is „The article …………… by the editor.‟
(A) Edits (C) be editing (E) is edited
(B) Edited (D) is being edited
3. When we go to work, the baby sitter will look after our baby. We can also say that when we go to work, ………… by the baby sitter.
(A) our baby will be looking after
(B) our baby will be looked after
(C) our baby look after
(D) our baby looked after
(E) our baby is looking after
4. We have delivered the packages.
The passive form of the baove sentence is : the packages ………. by us
(A) Delivered (D) to be delivered
(B) Have been delivering (E) have to be delivered
(C) Have been delivered
5. Parents of the students of the International School made fierce protests because of their suddenly increased school fee.
The passive form of the above sentence is ……. because of their suddenly increased school fee.
(A) Fierce protests have been made by parents of the students of the international school.
(B) Fierce protests were made by parents of the students of the international school.
(C) Fierce protest made by parents of the students of the International School.
(D) Fierce protests will be made by parents of the students of the International School.
(E) Fierce protests are being made by parents of the students of the International School.
6. „Last night a thief broke into my brother‟s house‟
„Really? What ………… from the house?‟
(A) He took (D) was taking
(B) Was to take (E) was taken
(C) Was being taken
7. „What time will the delayed plane depart?‟
„They say that it ………. by airport officer soon.‟
(A) Will announce (D) announced
(B) Is to announce (E) will be announced
(C) To be announced
8. “Hasn‟t Anita submitted her report yet?”
“I dont think so. It ……………..”
(A) Be printing (D) to be printing
(B) Is printing (E) is being printed
(C) Being printed
9. The director wanted the orders ………. by sale department last week.
(A) were delivered (D) to deliver
(B) was delivered (E) being delivered
(C) to be delivered
10. The teacher always asks the homework …………. by the students at home.
(A) is made (D) to be made
(B) is making (E) being made
(C) to make